Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Everyone needs some humor in their lives!

I finally found a tutor to help me in learning this new language. We met last Friday for the first time and hit it off right away! She has a similar sense of humor, which could be scary, and is a very good teacher. So I'm excited to work with her. We meet Wednesday morning for our second session where she will test me on my first page of homework (gulp).

I swear this brings back such bad memories! :) For some reason it makes me think of Jr. High. I was never a smart student. Ask my parents - I struggled in nearly every subject I took except for Band. hahaha I just had no interest whatsoever to study. I would have rather been reading or hanging out with my family or friends...or watching Thunder Cats.....:)

I remember one day in the 7th grade, I got to school and was visiting with my friends while waiting for the bell to ring. One of my friends mentioned our homework assignment for Science. We were supposed to gather plants/vegetation to study and then go over our findings in class. We had nearly a week to prepare for this assignment but of course I waited until the morning of to remember it. So I grabbed some leaves off of a bush and tried to pass them off as my completed assignment. How about we just say that I didn't ace that assignment and leave it at that. :)

There was another time when my parents decided to come down hard on me and "ground" me to my room to study for finals. I did great for about the first 15 minutes until I decided to lay down. I quickly became drowsy and stretched out over the side of my bed, pretending to study, and I fell asleep. I honestly have NO CLUE how I made it out of Jr. High!!!???

I say all that because it is ironic how I'm back to studying. I don't remember the first thing about studying so I'm relying on lots of kneeling.... and then lots more kneeling. :)

And I'm sure many of you are asking why this international school wants me to help teach? Don't worry- I'm asking the same thing. ;)
But I'm sure it will all work out for the good of our Father. :)

I'm heading to Hico to see my family for Labor Day. Looking forward to visiting with everyone and just sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Love,
Jamie