Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Nothing new...

Hi everyone,
Things have been flying by these last couple of weeks. We were all so busy getting ready for the yard sale and then had that a couple of weekends ago. This past weekend I actually had free time!
Friday night I hung out with my friends the Medfords watching their oldest son, Brennan, play football. I love high school football. Then I spent some quality time visiting with a friend after the game.
Saturday I did some errands, went to a movie and then Saturday night hung out with friends at a BBQ and watched another movie. I tell ya- I've watched more movies last weekend than I have in the last month. haha
I'm shocked at how much my life has changed just with my tv habits and stuff. I just don't have time to spend watching tv. I'd much rather spend that time seeing my friends, working (yeah right) and language studying. Speaking of language studying....I think I'm starting to have a mental breakdown already. hahaha
No- it is going to be good. I really feel our Father's presence during this time. I just need to keep focused.

This weekend, Thursday - Sunday, I will be going with mom and dad to west Texas. We plan on taking off Thursday around 5pm and we will drive until we get tired. We will stay the night somewhere and then get up early Friday morning and get back on the road. We are planning stops in Bakersfield, Ft. Davis and Alpine. Many of you don't know this part of my life, but my family and I actually lived in Bakersfield, TX. when I was in the 1st grade (I believe that was the grade). That was an interesting time and place. I looked on line the other day and the population has stayed at what it was 20+ years ago....30ppl. ;-)
Maybe I'll devote a special blog just to that part of my life, Bakersfield, when I get back. I might actually remember more of it when we go back through. Isn't it interesting when you do things as an adult that you hadn't done for a long time, like when you were a child, and it brings back a flood of memories. I love those moments.
So we are staying in Alpine, TX at the Holland Hotel. I'm really excited to get to spend some special time with mom and dad. And to see the part of west Texas that I truly love. I love Odessa because that is where I was born and raised but I don't ever desire to go back there. But Ft. Davis and those areas are totally different. I think you have to be a west Texan to understand that one.

Well- I'm off to bed. I'll be sure to update everyone with how the trip went when I get back...unless Alpine is updated and now has wireless....hahaha

Love,
Jamie