Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December News

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated my blog spot in so long. At first, after moving to Hico, I was just enjoying the free time, not having to get up every morning and go to work. Now, I have no real excuse for not updating....except that I'm lazy! :)

I've been busy getting ready to leave for my trip in January. I cannot believe I leave in a little less than 3 weeks! But I think I'm as prepared as I'll ever be.

These last 4 weeks or so since I left Austin have been wonderful. I've so enjoyed the time that I've been spending with my family along with the time to just sit back and relax. But I also know that I've been too lazy at times and should be preparing more for my trip. So, I'll be buckling down these last few weeks, working on some language prep an finishing up last minute details before I do leave.

Tonight we are going to watch my niece in their school Christmas program. Should be fun! Although my niece didn't actually think she was in it until we asked her teacher this morning. :)

Today is my mom's birthday. My sister and niece came over at 7am and we all went in to my mom's room with a snack cake and a match in it for her to blow out. Our little way of wishing her a happy birthday! haha
The funny part was when the match set off the smoke alarm. That will make you feel old! haha

I'm attaching some pictures that were taken recently. Just family get togethers over the last month or so.

Merry Christmas to everyone and I'll be talking with you soon!

Love,
Jamie